PAR Subversion repositories [was: PAR + tmpwatch = mess]
Roderich Schupp
2015-05-19 06:59:55 UTC
Is there an alternate repo? svn.openfoundry.org has not been responding
for the last 24 hours, perhaps more. Otherwise I'll wait for it to come
back online to update my repo to the latest par sources before starting.
Noticed that, too. Apparently the repositories got relocated to
https://www.openfoundry.org/svn/par etc some
while ago, but that URL currently only returns HTTP 500 errors. I just
mailed the admins.

Maybe I should move the PAR related stuff to GitHub? Any thoughts from the
list?

Cheers, Roderich
Shawn Laffan
2015-05-19 09:11:53 UTC
Github works for me, but I have no set preference.

Using github will also make PAR a candidate for the CPAN pull request
challenge, and this might provide some useful fixes.
http://neilb.org/2015/02/22/cpan-github-targets.html

Shawn.
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:49 AM, Shawn Laffan
Is there an alternate repo? svn.openfoundry.org
<http://svn.openfoundry.org> has not been responding for the last
--
Assoc Prof Shawn Laffan
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences

UNSW CRICOS Provider Code 00098G
Tim Home

Juan José 'Peco' San Martín
2015-05-19 11:17:00 UTC
I raise my hand for github: stable and maybe it puts some light on the
project.
I'm not a developer of PAR in terms of patches but I'm a happy user.
Post by Tim Home
I'd be in favor of GitHub.
-Tim
Markus Jansen
2015-05-19 11:38:28 UTC

also favoring GitHub over subversion.

Cheers,
Markus

Is there an alternate repo? svn.openfoundry.org<http://svn.openfoundry.org> has not been responding for the last 24 hours, perhaps more. Otherwise I'll wait for it to come back online to update my repo to the latest par sources before starting.

Shawn Laffan
2015-07-20 22:59:47 UTC
Hello Roderich,

Has there been any decision on the repo location?

Thanks also for implementing the cache re-extraction feature. I ran out
of time to do any further work on it until now, hence my silence on that
front.

Regards,
Shawn.
Hi,
Roderich Schupp
2015-07-22 06:46:56 UTC
Post by Shawn Laffan
Has there been any decision on the repo location?
The repo for the PAR ecosystem will stay at OpenFoundry.
I updated the repo URLs in all META.yml files accordingly.
Post by Shawn Laffan
Thanks also for implementing the cache re-extraction feature. I ran out
of time to do any further work on it until now, hence my silence on that
front.
In the end it turned out to be easier than I thought. The actual fix is in
PAR, the latest release
of PAR::Packer simply requires the new PAR release. The files outside of
$PAR_TEMP/inc
that are extracted on various occasions will already be re-extracted if
they are missing.

Cheers, Roderich