PAR is Crashing with Control::cli
Sasha Kana I
2013-06-20 18:48:30 UTC

I am trying to make my perl code executable and its working fine but when i am using the Control::Cli module the .exe file is crashing and giving me perl stopped working.

I wonder if you can help me on this.

Thanks,

Sasha Kanani
Roderich Schupp
2013-06-22 13:48:37 UTC
Post by Sasha Kana I
I am trying to make my perl code executable and its working fine but when
i am using the Control::Cli module the .exe file is crashing and giving me
perl stopped working.
Not enough information. Please post:
- what version of PAR, PAR::Packer, Module::ScanDeps you're using
- what platform (OS, Perl version)
- what is the exact error message you get

Also, a minimal script that exhibits the problem would be most helpful.

Cheers, Roderich
Sasha Kana I
2013-06-24 19:09:51 UTC
Perl version: 5.18.0.1-64 bit

Control::cli version: 1.04

Scandeps version: 1.10

Os : win 7 professional 64 bit

Here is a sample code. The code is working fine with .pl but .exe is not working and will give an error perl has stop working. I have other codes that .exe is working but if I use Control::CLI it will crash

#!/usr/bin/perl
use POSIX;

use Control::CLI;
use Data::Dumper;

my ($BSM_OPT,$BSM_Name, $BSM_IP,$BTS_ID,$MMBS_OAM, $FA_ID0,$FA_ID1,$FA_ID2);

print ("Please Select the market: \n"); #Input from user for which market
print ("1 - Tigard\n");
print ("2 - Redmond \n");
print ("3 - Spokane\n");
print ("CHOOSE A NUMBER: ");
$BSM_OPT = <STDIN>;
chomp ($BSM_OPT);
$BSM_OPT =~ s/\s+//g;

open (FILE, ">ATP_3G_test.txt");

my $ssh = new Control::CLI(Use => 'SSH',
Prompt => ']',
Timeout=> '480');

$ssh->connect(Host => $BSM_IP,
Username => $user,
Password => $pass,
PrivateKey => '.ssh/id_dsa');
Cheers, Roderich
Roderich Schupp
2013-06-26 19:29:03 UTC
Post by Sasha Kana I
Here is a sample code.
If I put in meaningful values for Host/Username/Password in connect(),
this script works for me - both in original and packed form.
But I don't have your actual evironment to test
(tried on Strawberry 5.16.3 on WindowsXP 32-bit).

Cheers, Roderich