par now a virus?
Jeremy A
2014-12-15 02:06:02 UTC
All,

My Avast Anti-virus which I always keep up to date, always blocks exe from being compiled using pp,and deletes previously built executables on invoke, say it is a virus of some sort.
Has anybody experienced this. is this something I should be concerned about?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Jeremy,
Juan José 'Peco' San Martín
2014-12-16 09:46:52 UTC

In my case depends on the usage of PC where the Antivirus and the PAR-exe
files resides.
If the PC is widely used to surf the web (with much javascripts, applets,
etc), downloading large amount of data, then the virus becomes extremely
picky so any PAR (including any .exe) is treated as a risk.

For me it's common that the PARexe is detected as a virus on a PC, but not
in a Server, with exactly the same antivirus software.

Peco