update one file without par?
Robert Davis
2015-10-23 15:02:12 UTC
Is there anyway to update just one .pl file without par.
I want to update just my main script file.
I don't want to download strawberry perl and all of the packages I need.
I tried with zip from cygwin
zip http2vm scripts/http2vm.pl
I tried with 7zip for windows.
added zip file

Both of them changed the file so I get this when I execute the par file.

***@USPONRDAVIS1/c/scripts$ http2vm.exe
Usage: C:\scripts\http2vm.exe [ -Alib.par ] [ -Idir ] [ -Mmodule ] [
src.par ] [ program.pl ]
C:\scripts\http2vm.exe [ -B|-b ] [-Ooutfile] src.par

Instead of the usage information that is in my script file.
So I guess it is resetting the execute part of the zip file.
--
Bob
Bob Davis | Infor |Office: 603.334.5060 | ***@infor.com | cell: 603-205-0845 | home: 603-778-0781
Robert Davis
2015-10-23 15:23:04 UTC
I have a vm image from my last laptop(at work, at home right now). But I
am afraid that it was the laptop before that laptop.
I'll find out monday.

thanks
--
Bob
Yup. Its looking like I need to do that.
Bob
Bob Davis | Infor |Office: 603.334.5060 |
| cell: 603-205-0845 | home: 603-778-0781
I keep a vm image on a portable drive for just this purpose
Clive Eisen
Robert Davis
2015-10-23 20:27:07 UTC
Got my program working with cygwin.

Any opinions as to whether I should install strawberry perl 64 or 32.
Will 64 have more errors when I run pp?
Will some modules not work?

thanks
--
Bob
thanks
w***@gmail.com
2015-10-24 11:32:28 UTC
How is it broken?

"nine five Victor Victor two"
If you EVER do any work with serial ports use 32 bit
Win32::SerialPort is completely *not* 64 bit compatible and is broken
in a very non obvious way
--
Clive Eisen
GPG: 75056DD0
thanks
william decker
2015-10-24 17:53:21 UTC
I use 'lastlook', 'lookfor', and 'write' from that module.  Besides the 'wait for input' issue, is there anything else wrong with it?

"...is like trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse"

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 1:47 PM, Clive Eisen <***@hildebrand.co.uk> wrote:

I suspect the bitmask constants don’t know about 64 bit

So, for instance, when you do a ‘wait for input’ it returns immediately

It’s basically useless on 64 bit

‘Wictor Wictor two' - surely ;-)

--
Clive Eisen