[rt.cpan.org #123159] cpan> install pp fails with "par.exe - Entry Point Not Found" (PAR-Packer-1.039)
Roderich Schupp via RT
2017-10-04 16:14:51 UTC
Wed Oct 04 12:14:50 2017: Request 123159 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
Queue: PAR-Packer
Subject: cpan> install pp fails with "par.exe - Entry Point Not Found" (PAR-Packer-1.039)
Broken in: (no value)
Severity: (no value)
Owner: Nobody
Requestors: ***@intel.com
Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=123159 >
sorry for bothering you with such a trivial error, which I should have
spotted myself most easily. You were of course right.
You're welcome. Closing this ticket.

Cheers, Roderich
Roderich Schupp via RT
2017-10-05 18:46:11 UTC
Thu Oct 05 14:46:10 2017: Request 123159 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
Queue: PAR-Packer
Broken in: (no value)
Severity: (no value)
Owner: Nobody
Requestors: ***@intel.com
Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=123159 >
I agree that this is more a problem of my combination of Cygwin and
Strawberry Perl , rather than a pp problem.
Nevertheless I would appreciate any help - maybe someone else saw this
strange [ODEBUG] output (which stems from stderr as I found out) in
both the pp build and the ".exe" files generated from pp and you have
an idea.
The ODEBUG stuff has nothing to do with PAR::Packer. It's probably something on your machine.
pp a "hello world" script and run the resulting exe on another machine. If this doesn't
show ODEBUG, then it's definitely something in your environment.

Cheers, Roderich